Happy New Year!
I hope you all had a lovely new years eve.
I won’t deny it, I am notorious for setting resolutions for the new year and not keeping them past a week. This year I have decided to do things a bit differently. I have noticed on IG that there have been some who are setting intentions, or have key words for the new year. I think this is genius! Rather than having a goal and ultimately failing to keep it, which brings negative feelings, I have set a few intentions for the year.
- Growth – I want this year to be a growth year. This word encompasses quite a bit for me.
- I will take steps to grow emotionally (which includes communicating my feelings in a way that others can understand).
- We will be trying to grow our family.
- Growth of knowledge – by continuing my master’s program and researching and creating good, natural skincare and makeup products
- Confidence – I will be striving to be more confident in my skin and more confident in my abilities.
- Hitting 35 was tough for me. I had gained almost 15 pounds since meeting my husband (at 15 pounds heavier than my goal weight) and it was super tough to get those pounds off for the wedding. But…I did it. This year I will be trying to lose those last 15 pounds or tone all the bits so that those 15 pounds are muscle rather than flab.
- Stop second-guessing myself. This has been a bad habit of mine for as long as I can remember.
I have written these words into my planner and will continue to reflect on them as the year continues. What are your intentions for the year?