Lately I have been on the hunt for a delicious (and quick) keto bread recipe. I don’t often have tons of time to make an entire loaf of keto bread so I was looking for a recipe that would give me enough bread for a meal. I found Carrie’s (from Eating on a Dime) “The Best 90 Second Bread Recipe“.
This is a great recipe! Fast, easy, and delicious. I did make a few tweaks to cater to what I regularly keep in my pantry. Here is the recipe that I have come up with:
* 1 tablespoon coconut flour
* 1 egg
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon MCT oil
* Note: Coconut flour has a very distinct taste. Depending on what you are using the bread for, you can (or may want) add savory or sweet seasoning (i.e., garlic powder, Italian seasonings, cinnamon, sugar)
1. Mix egg and oil in a microwave safe bowl. I use one of these.
2. Add in try ingredients and whisk until combined.
3. Place in the microwave for 75 seconds. (This time may very by microwave and preference)
4. Remove from microwave and let cool.
5. Slice in half.
You can stop at this step or toast in the toaster or on the stove top. I have used this bread to make grilled cheese and egg sandwiches, but the possibilities are endless.